Quickly closing safety valves can generate pressure surges, which put additional strain on a piping system.
The effective pressure increase must therefore be taken into account when designing. The maximum occurring pressure increase (Joukowsky) can be attenuated according to the impact coefficient.
The STOS module determines:
- Maximum pressure surge (Joukowsky)
- Pressure surge at the valve
- Maximum and minimum overpressure at the valve
- DIN 2413 Teil 1 / Abs. 4.5
- Wagner “Regelarmaturen” 1.Auflage (Vogel Verlag)
This post is also available in: