Shell-and-tube condensers for pure vapours
The theoretical principles of heat transfer are based on the VDI Heat Atlas and the HEDH (Heat Exchanger Design Handbook) as well as special research reports.
The KOND program is based on the WTS program and thus has all the features and modules of this program.
Shell-and-tube condensers with enthalpy, condensation and subcooling zones can be calculated. The subcooling of the condensate is not calculated for shell-side condensation at horizontal tubes. The condensation can either take place around the tubes or in the tubes but it is restricted to pure vapours (no mixtures)
KOND can only calculate condensers with one tube side pass.
- Thermal and hydraulic calculation of tube bundle heat exchangers and condensing pure substances. The cooling medium during condensation is single-phase (no evaporation).
- Heat exchangers without tubes in the window zones (NTIW)
- Detailed tube sheet generation.
- Optimization of a new exchanger on the basis of given standard dimensions
- Determination of operation by multidimensional parameter studies in graphical or tabular form
- Output of specification sheets in MS-Excel allows free design in familiar environment
- Heat transfer correction for unequal baffle spacing at inlet and outlet
- Design using customer’s own standard tube sheet configuration
Module package WTS and add-on KOND.
The module SPIE in the program KOND enables:
- Generation of tube sheet and baffle configurations incl. longitudinal baffle
- Creation of a user-specific tube sheet configurations library
- CAD interfaces
Additional charge to module package WTS
(latest version of WTS required)
® Registered trademark of Clariant GmbH
Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: